Trusts & Settlements
Trusts or settlements are typically used to:-
- Protect assets against a spendthrift beneficiary
- Allow property to benefit successive generations
- Provide for disabled or vulnerable beneficiaries
- Provide a family fund which can be used as and when the need arises
- Save Inheritance Tax
- Provide some protection against a family member becoming bankrupt, suffering divorce or going into care
We can advise and assist you with all aspects of the creation, administration and ending of a trust including the preparation of any relevant legal documents and a review of the tax implications.
We can advise on and create specialist types of Trusts, including:-
- Discretionary trusts
- Interest in possession trusts
- Disabled trusts
- Bereaved minor and bereaved young persons’ trusts
- Bare trusts
- Settlor interested trusts
- Nil Rate Band debt or charge schemes
- Pilot trusts
- Declarations of trust where a property is co-owned
We can advise trustees on their duties and responsibilities and you can appoint our sole principal Julian Mark Lee as a professional trustee if you wish. However, he will charge for his time when acting in this role.
We can also assist with procedures relating to:-
- The appointment and retirement of trustees
- The removal and replacement of trustees
Any advice and/or assistance in this area will be charged at an hourly charging rate of £150 plus Vat, with a quote or fee estimate being confirmed once it becomes possible to estimate the volume of work involved.
This excludes any disbursements (i.e. payments to others required to progress the matter), which you will be advised of separately at the earliest available opportunity.
Very friendly, helpful and accommodating personal service from Julian. We felt informed and assisted at each step of making our wills. Refreshingly good
Client from Hindhead
Julian provided a very professional and comfortable service; we needed that as making a will is not easy; He provided advice and information appropriate to our needs: and made clear the legal implications of our wishes – families are complicated and his advice helped to make sure we looked after our needs and our wishes when we are deceased
Client from Borden
I have used Julian for advice and also to act on my behalf for family litigation services. Very clear and easy to work with. Polite and professional.
Client From Pulborough
Have a Question?
Please ask away
Sandy Lodge, London Road, Coldwaltham,
Pulborough, West Sussex RH20 1LR
Open Weekdays from 11am-5pm
By appointment only
Julian M Lee is an accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly
JML Law is a regional member of the Certainty National Wills Register
JML Law is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 614498)
© 2021 JML-Law